SPRINGFIELD, Mo., January 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the wildfires causing catastrophic damage to Colorado. We hope you find the following information resources useful in dealing with the threat of forest fires. Please be advised to follow the orders of the local authorities.
If you are a American National insured:
For customers already in the midst of these unprecedented wildfires, please call our 24-hour complaints hotline at 1.800.333.2860 if you have any questions.
There are several ways to report a claim (to ensure efficient claims service, make sure your login credentials are up to date):
- Mobile: Use the A mobile app, available for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. An account is required.
- In line: Go to AmericanNational.com and log into your account. To create an account, go to AmericanNational.com > Customer login > Personal insurance – Login > Register.
- Call: Call the 24-hour complaints hotline at 1.800.333.2860.
- E-mail: [email protected]
The American P&C Insurance Association (APCIA) offers the following tips for navigating the process of go home after a forest fire:
1. Contact your insurer to initiate the claims process. During the evacuation, contact your insurer. You don’t have to wait until you get home to do this. Insurers can be contacted through their number free of charge, an app or a website.
2. Discuss temporary housing coverage with your insurer. Your insurance can help you move out of shelters and get housing while you rebuild. Keep your hotel and meal receipts.
3. Work with an adjuster. Claims adjusters will walk you through the claims process, answer questions, assess the damage and resolve your claim.
On American National
US National Group, Inc. is the parent company of American National companies, which include American National Insurance Company and its insurance subsidiaries. American National Insurance Company, founded in 1905 and based in Galveston, Texas, is licensed in all states except New York. American National offers a wide range of products and services, which include life insurance, annuities, health insurance, credit insurance, retirement products and property and casualty insurance for individuals, agri-food and certain trade exhibitions. the American National companies operate in all 50 states.
American National created a division dedicated to damage in 1973 with American National Property and Accident Society, Springfield, Missouri. This company serves 38 states without including NY. To better meet the unique insurance needs of the agricultural market, American National acquired the New York-based Farm Family insurance group of companies in 2001. For information on corporate and investor relations, please visit the American National website at www.AmericanNational.com.
CONTACT: Jeff Mills, Senior Vice President, Chief P&C Claims Officer
417.887.4990, Ext. 2199
Source: American National Group Inc.